Author Topic: Oregon Supreme Court ignores rural pleas and greenlights giant wind power line  (Read 100 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Oregon Supreme Court ignores rural pleas and greenlights giant wind power line
By Bonner Cohen, Ph. D. |March 22nd, 2023|0 Comments

In a long-sought victory for the Climate Industrial Complex, the Oregon Supreme Court March 9 approved construction of a 300-mile, high-voltage power line that will transmit wind energy through parts of eastern Oregon and western Idaho.

The Boardman-to-Hemingway line, known as the B2H, has been in the works since 2007. Backed by deep-pocketed utilities eager to cash in on generous renewable-energy subsidies, the $1.8 billion project has been held up repeatedly thanks to the resistance of a growing and diverse grassroots organization, the STOP B2H Coalition, whose over 1,000 members fear the power line will irreversibly blight the picturesque countryside that attracted them to the area.

Facing off against the STOP B2H Coalition are the power line’s developers – Bonneville Power Administration (part of the U.S. Department of Energy), PacifiCorp, and Idaho Power – who claim the project will transport enough juice to power 150,000 homes at peak demand, between Boardman, Oregon, on the Columbia River, and Hemingway, Idaho, southwest of Boise, Idaho.

https://www.cfact.org/2023/03/22/oregon-supreme-court-ignores-rural-pleas-and-greenlights-giant-wind-power-line/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson