Author Topic: UN report predicting climate catastrophe in 2030 met with mockery: 'Every single prediction' has bee  (Read 97 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
UN report predicting climate catastrophe in 2030 met with mockery: 'Every single prediction' has been 'wrong'
Opinion by Lindsay Kornick • Monday

The United Nations released a report on Monday that that claimed the planet will approach a catastrophic threshold in the 2030s unless further action is taken.

Biden warns climate change 'damning' entire generation: 'Mother Nature let her wrath be seen'
The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, an organization convened by the United Nations, authored the report, which included a warning that temperatures are expected to rise to levels that could cause disastrous weather events.

"It says that global average temperatures are estimated to rise 1.5℃ above preindustrial levels sometime around ‘the first half of the 2030s,’ as humans continue to burn coal, oil and natural gas," the New York Times reported. "That number holds a special significance in global climate politics: Under the 2015 Paris climate agreement, virtually every nation agreed to ‘pursue efforts’ to hold global warming to 1.5℃. Beyond that point, scientists say, the impacts of catastrophic heat waves, flooding, drought, crop failures and species extinction become significantly harder for humanity to handle."

Though the report contained dire predictions if the temperatures rise above 1.5 degrees, many Twitter users dismissed the headline as another hyperbolic claim by the "climate cult."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/un-report-predicting-climate-catastrophe-in-2030-met-with-mockery-every-single-prediction-has-been-wrong/ar-AA18ROzG?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=1f0b82b53f1044fb8ed08934222ab441&ei=32
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson