Author Topic: Putin To Xi: "We Support Chinese Yuan Use With Asia, Africa, Latin America"  (Read 457 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

In a ceremony at the Kremlin, and on the second day of Chinese leader's Xi Jinping's visit, Putin and Xi kicked off formal talks which will focus on the Ukraine crisis. They shook hands and stood side by side as their respective national anthems played, aired on state television. Following the meeting, they held a joint press conference, to be followed by a state dinner at the Kremlin.

Last night's greeting and starting 'informal' talks lasted about 4-and-a-half hours. In addition to Ukraine being high on the agenda for the ongoing summit, Xi outlined in initial comments Tuesday that China wishes to expand cooperation with Russia on trade, and hopes that Russia promotes liberalization, facilitation of trade and investment, alongside both sides maintaining security and stability of industrial and supply chains. Importantly, Xi invited Putin to travel to China at some point this year. Putin showed willingness on these points, also stressing that Russia stands ready to meet China's growing energy needs.

Putin also said his country stands ready to support Chinese business replacing Western companies inside Russia that left in the wake of the Ukraine war. "We are ready to support Chinese business in replacing Western enterprises that left Russia," Putin said.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/japans-leader-makes-surprise-visit-ukraine-moment-xi-putin-summit
The Republic is lost.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
This could go so many ways, but one thing is for certain.  The United States loses in every scenario.

Maybe the best thing that could happen is a soft landing, that results in us JUST us being a economic subservant to the Chicoms. I think that is the 60-70% bet at this point, just so they can peacefully suck the rest of the life out of our economic base. With this way, they can avoid their own

The worst would be either war, or economic collapse by either hyperinflation, or a '30's like meltdown.  Hopefully some Briefers will realize that putting yourself in $32T in debt, and having said debt constitute 150% of national GDP will have consequences at some point.  Consequences for us will be that in a currency realignment our poor fiscal stating against free and floating currency will make our worth less, maybe even much much less.  That will weaken us in every aspect.

Markets and their futures numbers are shrugging this off at this point.  For some reason they seem to crazily think we are invincible economically on the world stage.  Idiots.   They are more concerned with the short term and what the Fed does.  But just wait to a day soon, when our buying power maybe drops by 75-90% on the world's stage of buying goods and services.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 01:14:11 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
This could go so many ways, but one thing is for certain.  The United States loses in every scenario.

Maybe the best thing that could happen is a soft landing, that results in us JUST us being a economic subservant to the Chicoms. I think that is the 60-70% bet at this point, just so they can peacefully suck the rest of the life out of our economic base. With this way, they can avoid their own

The worst would be either war, or economic collapse by either hyperinflation, or a '30's like meltdown.  Hopefully some Briefers will realize that putting yourself in $32T in debt, and having said debt constitute 150% of national GDP will have consequences at some point.  Consequences for us will be that in a currency realignment our poor fiscal stating against free and floating currency will make our worth less, maybe even much much less.  That will weaken us in every aspect.

Markets and their futures numbers are shrugging this off at this point.  For some reason they seem to crazily think we are invincible economically on the world stage.  Idiiots.   They are more concerned with the short term and what the Fed does.  But just wait to a day soon, when our buying power maybe drops by 75-90% on the world's stage of buying goods and services.

Told my dad years ago that our economy is like a glass house, it'll keep chugging along till that big old boulder finally rolls down the mountain.

Except now there are at least a half dozen boulders sitting up there that could crush us due to our constantly deteriorating financial position you laid out above.
The Republic is lost.

Online LMAO

This is why the next election needs to be about spending, spending, and spending

We are in a very vulnerable position right now due to our unsustainable debt

I understand a president can’t just wave a magic wand and the debt will go down. It’ll also take a lot of fights with Congress.

But they do have the power of veto and the bully pulpit
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
This is why the next election needs to be about spending, spending, and spending

We are in a very vulnerable position right now due to our unsustainable debt

I understand a president can’t just wave a magic wand and the debt will go down. It’ll also take a lot of fights with Congress.

But they do have the power of veto and the bully pulpit

Many don't realize that the Chicoms are the #2 foreign holder of U.S. soverign debt at $870B. (Basically about 3%)  If they decided to simutaneoulsy decided to sell their stake and the same time as decoupling from the $USD as reference currency?  And say so to speak, they declared everything including allied Russian and OPEC oil would only be traded in Yuan? 

You'd then see panic selling worldwide of the $USD which in the past were considered safe havens, even though our fiscal house would indicate otherwise.  The Chicoms could turn us into a 3rd world nation pretty quickly if they wanted to.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
And China is in a world of hurt too. They have as much or more debt as we do, but theirs is more masked and distributed.

Their biggest problem is right now they are 40M workers short, and that's with slave labor greatly supporting their manufacturing economy. I think they are too racist to import workers, if necessary I believe they will scale back however they have to, and between their own demand and the rest of the world they could just cut the US and our funny money currency out of the loop.

They'd be smaller but still the biggest dog on the block, and that's all they care about.
The Republic is lost.

Online catfish1957

And China is in a world of hurt too. They have as much or more debt as we do, but theirs is more masked and distributed.

Their biggest problem is right now they are 40M workers short, and that's with slave labor greatly supporting their manufacturing economy. I think they are too racist to import workers, if necessary I believe they will scale back however they have to, and between their own demand and the rest of the world they could just cut the US and our funny money currency out of the loop.

They'd be smaller but still the biggest dog on the block, and that's all they care about.

We were highly leveraged, as was the rest of the world post World War 2.  But you know what turned us into a economic monster?  A highly innovative and robust industrial base that sold goods world wide at huge profits.  The fact our politicans in the past 80 years didn't operate our  country from the perspective of a  balanced budget and have us net in the green is a crime, that many should have paid for.

Fast forward 80 years, and the roles are reversed.  We have no industrial base, though we tax and spend like we do.   That configuation is now in China and other overseas locations.  We do not have the luxury to even have the ability to recover as long as the trade balance has capital flowing toward the Chicoms like a tidal wave.

When you put the balance sheet to the white glove test, and though they mask it, I can almost guarantee that the Chicoms are accumulating more quickly than they are putting into expenditures, including their unprecdented military build up.

Hate to be such a downer, but I just don't see anything positive on the radar for this country's economic future.

Offline Kamaji

They also have a lopsided generational problem, with fewer young people to support the burgeoning older generation, thanks to their disastrous one-child policy.

Online catfish1957

They also have a lopsided generational problem, with fewer young people to support the burgeoning older generation, thanks to their disastrous one-child policy.

Thus, their South American and African strategy of ancillary support.  Genius move if you ask me.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
When you put the balance sheet to the white glove test, and though they mask it, I can almost guarantee that the Chicoms are accumulating more quickly than they are putting into expenditures, including their unprecdented military build up.

That's their main saving grace, plus they don't have the kind of Wall Street pressures American companies do for profits. As long as India doesn't become too much of a threat long term they can wait it out.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 02:50:48 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Online catfish1957

That's their main saving grace, plus they don't have the kind of Wall Street pressures American companies do for profits. As long as India doesn't become too much of a threat long term they can wait it out.

I predict that India-China will have regional clashes in the late 21st century - early 22nd century.  The fact they are neighors will only excaberate the problem.  All economic powers in history have risen, ebbed, and retracted.  That location may be the next shift.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
I predict that India-China will have regional clashes in the late 21st century - early 22nd century.  The fact they are neighors will only excaberate the problem.  All economic powers in history have risen, ebbed, and retracted.  That location may be the next shift.

Totally agree. If anyone's in the position to counter China long term, it's India.
The Republic is lost.