Author Topic: Ron DeSantis rips Trump’s character, chaotic leadership style By Piers Morgan  (Read 2267 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

It's "crowd" envy. *****rollingeyes*****

I sure pricked a nerve with that, didn't I @libertybele    88devil

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
What would you like ---  @Sighlass ?

I would like the option to vote for someone (and feel good about it) instead of adding their name under my header.

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Right_in_Virginia

No need to ping
The name “Ron DeSantis” is so triggering for them, that they can find any thread from miles away that mentions his name

The usual comments promise to be entertaining---- and rarely disappoint.  Can't thank you enough.  happy77

Online Right_in_Virginia

I would like the option to vote for someone (and feel good about it) instead of adding their name under my header.

@Sighlass   My question was what's the outcome you would like specific to the post I was responding to.  Here it is again, if you've forgotten: (Still interested in knowing, if you care to share)

What this thread needs is some Tiny D comments... maybe a few Rude Orange Billionaire envy comments too.

Urge to ping is great, must resist.

Offline Kamaji

Robert Barnes
@barnes_law

It's increasingly clear #DeSantis was led to believe a Trump indictment would derail Trump's campaign & be the perfect opening for his own. This was very bad advice.

6:42 PM · Mar 21, 2023

:mauslaff:

Clear only to a Trump worshipper, perhaps. 

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Then the governor is breaking Florida law ---- proving again how little the rule of law means to Meatball   :shrug:

Not according to the FEC, not until there's some official filing. But that's the typical Trump approach - all bluster and blowhard, little facts.
The Republic is lost.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Not according to the FEC, not until there's some official filing. But that's the typical Trump approach - all bluster and blowhard, little facts.

What are you taking about?  @Free Vulcan  The federal election commission looked at this for nearly two years, declined to file charges and dropped it.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
What are you taking about?  @Free Vulcan  The federal election commission looked at this for nearly two years, declined to file charges and dropped it.

If you want to be in politics, you might want to figure out how things work first.

Ron DeSantis is not a Presidential candidate till he meets FEC thresholds.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The headlines are promotional click bait for the "exclusive" interview to be aired later.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
If you want to be in politics, you might want to figure out how things work first.

You gotta realize Trump has his Stone/Pecker sleaze machine already in preemptive strike mode.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Right_in_Virginia

What makes you think RDS hasn't?  @Free Vulcan

Campaigning

Certain activities, however, indicate an individual has decided to become a candidate and is no longer testing the waters. In that case, once the individual has raised or spent more than $5,000, the individual must register as a candidate.

Campaigning (as opposed to testing the waters) is apparent, for example, when:

*Raise more money than what is reasonably needed to test the waters or funds to be used after candidacy is established;
*Conduct activities over a protracted period of time

https://www.fec.gov/help-candidates-and-committees/registering-candidate/testing-the-waters-possible-candidacy/

The group, Make America Great Again Inc., is filing a complaint with the Florida Commission on Ethics alleging that the combined force of pro-DeSantis super PACs, state-level political contributions and the governor’s “personally lucrative book tour” amounts to a de facto White House bid.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3901368-trump-allied-super-pac-files-ethics-complaint-against-desantis-over-shadow-presidential-campaign/

« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 02:16:58 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical

He needs some kind of campaign committee to raise money. He has formed none.

And outside groups can reinterpret and do an end run around the law however they want, unless they can trick a body like the Ethics commission to do that also, DeSantis is still not a candidate.
The Republic is lost.

Online Right_in_Virginia

He needs some kind of campaign committee to raise money.

DeSantis, himself, meets directly with his PACs, solicites their advice, hires their staff and accepts their money.   He IS the committee @Free Vulcan

Not only is he well beyond the "testing the waters" fund raising, but campaigning, too ---- now giving the media advance notice of upcoming events --- another indication, according to the FEC, that DeSantis needs to file his candidacy with them.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 03:18:01 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Idiot

Trump just can't stop whining....

Online Right_in_Virginia

Trump just can't stop whining....

What's DeSantis skirting FEC regulations to do with President Trump @mrpotatohead  ?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical

DeSantis, himself, meets directly with his PACs, solicites their advice, hires their staff and accepts their money.   He IS the committee @Free Vulcan

He's also well beyond the "testing the waters" fund raising and campaigning ---- now giving the media advance notice of upcoming events --- another indication, according to the FEC, that DeSantis needs to file his candidacy with them.

Trump and supporters can use woke logic and believe their legal fictions all they want, but none of it is legal reality.

DeSantis has not met the legal threshold to be declared a candidate.
The Republic is lost.

Online Right_in_Virginia

DeSantis has not met the legal threshold to be declared a candidate.

According to the FEC Regulations, DeSanctus has surpassed the threshold multiple times.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 03:22:45 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
According to the FEC Regulations, DeSanctus has surpassed the threshold multiple times.

Cite please.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

Oh, look, the shill for the Orange Shitshow is devolving into name-calling, yet again.

Offline cato potatoe

Beside, anybody in the Republican Party has an opening, whether or not Donald Trump’s there or not. Trump and his supporters have got to get over their belief that he is owed this. Hillary Clinton had the same belief. Must be a New York thing.

Well at bare minimum they will have to get used to hearing critiques of Trump's record while the legal process unfolds.  It's not as if this will end soon.  The other investigations may progress to charges which are tougher to defend, and trials that drag into the general election.  Jonathan Turley thinks he may have some exposure in the Mar-a-Lago case (obstruction of justice).

Online libertybele

888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

I sure pricked a nerve with that, didn't I @libertybele    88devil

Picked a nerve @Right_in_Virginia ? Hardly. In the context that you used it, it didn't make sense.  Personally, I find it hilarious.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
I did.  Read, please.

None of which is any proof that he's crossed those thresholds.
The Republic is lost.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Oh, look, the shill for the Orange Shitshow is devolving into name-calling, yet again.

That post deserves a thread of its own:

Kamaji Speaks

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley