Author Topic: Germany Celebrates its First Arabic Language Street Sign  (Read 323 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Germany Celebrates its First Arabic Language Street Sign
« on: March 21, 2023, 04:28:43 pm »
https://www.breitbart.com/immigration/2023/03/21/germany-celebrates-its-first-arabic-language-street-sign/

Germany Celebrates its First Arabic Language Street Sign
THOMAS D. WILLIAMS, PH.D.
21 Mar 2023

Leftward-leaning German politicians have lauded the decision to erect the nation’s first street sign in Arabic script as a “a symbolic expression of social inclusion.”

This month, the North Rhine-Westphalian state capital of Düsseldorf has begun exhibiting the name of Ellerstrasse in Arabic letters: شارع إلَرْ.

Touted as a campaign to underscore the diversity and international flair of Düsseldorf, the Arabic street sign has been placed in Oberbilk, a district with a particularly large number of people with Moroccan roots.

According to a decision by the city’s “integration council,” there will eventually be bilingual street signs in ten different places around the metropolis.

The councilor for Oberbilk, Green party politician Samy Charchira, said the new sign bespeaks a symbolic expression of “social inclusion,” showing that people identify with their district and the diversity of its residents.

More at URL above...

Online Kamaji

Re: Germany Celebrates its First Arabic Language Street Sign
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2023, 04:31:00 pm »
:facepalm2:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2023, 04:35:36 pm »
 So, let me get this straight.  Hitler's Germany didn't kill enough Jews in the war? Now they want to turn the country over to several million Hitler's under the guise of appeasement?

Make sense to me. /s
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2023, 04:38:48 pm »
This could be a harbinger of our own future...

How long until the signs read:
"Weiße sind heir unerwünscht" ???

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2023, 10:46:23 pm »
Sounds like old times.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2023, 11:19:53 pm »
Nothing to be celebrating about. I find it disturbing.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2023, 11:26:10 pm »
Sounds like old times.

I read an article years ago were a man in German was arrested for posting that picture on his online account.

I should go look to see if I can find it somewhere in the archives
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy