Author Topic: Daughter of American woman kidnapped in Mexico receives ransom call  (Read 103 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Daughter of American woman kidnapped in Mexico receives ransom call
by: Jorge Ventura

Posted: Mar 20, 2023 / 02:27 PM CDT

Updated: Mar 20, 2023 / 02:27 PM CDT

(NewsNation) — It has been 39 days since Maria Del Carmen Lopez was kidnapped from her home in Pueblo Nuevo, Mexico. Her family is yet to receive any updates from the FBI on the status of the investigation.

“It’s been a roller coaster for the last 39 days. It definitely seems like we’re actually living inside of a nightmare,” said Zonia, Maria’s daughter.

Zonia was alerted by family members in Mexico about her mother’s kidnapping. The kidnappers then made contact with Zonia, asking for ransom for her mother.

“It was shocking. It was an actual, it’s like your body and your mind, everything goes into a state that obviously you’ve never been in. It’s disbelief, but at the same time, as weird as it sounds, some kind of comfort because you’re at least having some kind of communication,” Zonia said.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/border-crime/daughter-of-american-woman-kidnapped-in-mexico-receives-ransom-call/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Daughter of American woman kidnapped in Mexico receives ransom call
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2023, 02:07:05 pm »
This could be a scam by Lopez to have people set a fund for her which she splits with the "kidnappers." :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson