Author Topic: More Caught Illegally Crossing Southern Border in 1 Year of Biden Than Entire Trump Presidency  (Read 116 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
More Caught Illegally Crossing Southern Border in 1 Year of Biden Than Entire Trump Presidency
Terence Jeffrey / @TerryJeffrey / March 20, 2023

Border Patrol encountered more illegal immigrants crossing the border in one year under President Joe Biden than it did in four years under Donald Trump—including a sixteenfold increase for those on the terrorist watchlist. 

“Our top priority is to keep terrorists and their weapons from entering the United States.”

So says the website of U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

The same webpage that makes this declaration includes a table that provides some relevant data for the fiscal years from 2017 to 2023. It lists how many individuals on the Terrorist Screening Dataset (commonly known as the “terrorist watchlist”) were encountered by the Border Patrol as they were trying to illegally sneak into the United States between the ports of entry on our southern border.

The Terrorist Screening Dataset, says the webpage, “originated as the consolidated terrorist watchlist to house information on known or suspected terrorists (KSTs) but has evolved over the last decade to include additional individuals who represent a potential threat to the United States, including known affiliates of watchlisted individuals.”

https://www.dailysignal.com/2023/03/20/more-caught-illegally-crossing-southern-border-in-1-year-of-biden-than-entire-trump-presidency/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson