Author Topic: IPCC Issues their Annual Final Climate Warning  (Read 155 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
IPCC Issues their Annual Final Climate Warning
« on: March 21, 2023, 11:12:11 am »
IPCC Issues their Annual Final Climate Warning
10 hours ago Eric Worrall 
Essay by Eric Worrall

UN climate warnings are like the village communist predicting the imminent demise of capitalism every week – and about as likely to happen.

Scientists deliver ‘final warning’ on climate crisis: act now or it’s too late

IPCC report says only swift and drastic action can avert irrevocable damage to world

Scientists have delivered a “final warning” on the climate crisis, as rising greenhouse gas emissions push the world to the brink of irrevocable damage that only swift and drastic action can avert.

The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), made up of the world’s leading climate scientists, set out the final part of its mammoth sixth assessment report on Monday.

The comprehensive review of human knowledge of the climate crisis took hundreds of scientists eight years to compile and runs to thousands of pages, but boiled down to one message: act now, or it will be too late.

The UN secretary general, António Guterres, said: “This report is a clarion call to massively fast-track climate efforts by every country and every sector and on every timeframe. Our world needs climate action on all fronts: everything, everywhere, all at once.”

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/03/20/ipcc-issues-their-annual-final-climate-warning/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline verga

Re: IPCC Issues their Annual Final Climate Warning
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2023, 01:24:51 pm »
The IPCC that cried wolf!
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Kamaji

Re: IPCC Issues their Annual Final Climate Warning
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2023, 01:43:52 pm »
:facepalm2: