Author Topic: LIVE THREAD BREAKING...Trump Indicted  (Read 25793 times)

Online Kamaji

Re: LIVE THREAD BREAKING...Trump Indicted
« Reply #325 on: March 31, 2023, 07:38:07 pm »
It is not a 'Federal' case. It is a local bookkeeping discrepancy with a local DA. Why would the FEDs care?

Extradition between states is a federal matter.  From the wikipedia article on U.S. extradition:

The Extradition Clause in the US Constitution requires states, upon demand of another state, to deliver a fugitive from justice who has committed a "treason, felony or other crime" to the state from which the fugitive has fled. 18 U.S.C. § 3182 sets the process by which an executive of a state, district, or territory of the United States must arrest and turn over a fugitive from another state, district, or territory.

Source:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extradition_law_in_the_United_States

Online Kamaji

« Reply #326 on: March 31, 2023, 07:39:13 pm »
I could be wrong, but I believe that the governor has to allow the federal marshals into the state and I believe that the sheriff of the county overrides the marshals.  Obviously I don't know what Trump's plans are but if he refuses to go to Manhattan things could get ugly. I hope the rest of the Trump family has left Mar A Lago and are somewhere else.

I find it interesting that Trump went after DeSantis who may be the one person who can save his hide. 

Interstate extradition is a matter of federal, and Constitutional, law, and each state is required to extradite at the request of another state.  If a state refuses, then the federal courts can enforce the extradition request.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #327 on: March 31, 2023, 08:20:41 pm »
... Which is all a moot point, because Tumpy is surrendering in NYC.
How could he play the martyr if he didn't? And before some start in, I think this whole charade is bullshit, but I also know what 'showman' (nicest way I can think of to put it) Trump is and he would never ever allow a reality star moment like this to pass by especially with the way it will fire up his base. As wrong and political as I think this sham is, everyone should keep in mind it couldn't even be happening if a married man didn't go out whoring on his wife and new baby.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #328 on: March 31, 2023, 08:34:56 pm »
As wrong and political as I think this sham is, everyone should keep in mind it couldn't even be happening if a married man didn't go out whoring on his wife and new baby.
We don't know that. Trump was introduced to a whore who saw an opportunity to 'get paid'. A couple of photos later, and she was raped. When you are a billionaire, everyone is out to screw you. Including whores.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online libertybele

« Reply #329 on: March 31, 2023, 08:57:43 pm »
We don't know that. Trump was introduced to a whore who saw an opportunity to 'get paid'. A couple of photos later, and she was raped. When you are a billionaire, everyone is out to screw you. Including whores.

No we don't know that.  What we do know is that the left has been out to silence Trump since he decided to run for President and McConnell vowed that he would be a one-term president.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #330 on: March 31, 2023, 09:33:14 pm »
How could he play the martyr if he didn't? And before some start in, I think this whole charade is bullshit, but I also know what 'showman' (nicest way I can think of to put it) Trump is and he would never ever allow a reality star moment like this to pass by especially with the way it will fire up his base. As wrong and political as I think this sham is, everyone should keep in mind it couldn't even be happening if a married man didn't go out whoring on his wife and new baby.

That is EXACTLY the truth of it.  :beer:
 888high58888

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #331 on: March 31, 2023, 09:45:10 pm »
Interstate extradition is a matter of federal, and Constitutional, law, and each state is required to extradite at the request of another state.  If a state refuses, then the federal courts can enforce the extradition request.

It's a nonstarter, unless DeSantis does something foolish.  Is Donald supposed to hole up in his castle? 

He should schedule a press event in New York on Tuesday.  Deliver a short, memorized and well-prepared speech.  Have the family in tow as a sign of solidarity.  Calmly proceed into the DA's office, and wear an official smile for the camera.  No "wild" protests, no insults for the jury pool, and no coke-fueled rants from Don Jr. 

Offline berdie

« Reply #332 on: March 31, 2023, 09:58:48 pm »
It's a nonstarter, unless DeSantis does something foolish.  Is Donald supposed to hole up in his castle? 

He should schedule a press event in New York on Tuesday.  Deliver a short, memorized and well-prepared speech.  Have the family in tow as a sign of solidarity.  Calmly proceed into the DA's office, and wear an official smile for the camera.  No "wild" protests, no insults for the jury pool, and no coke-fueled rants from Don Jr.

That's what I truly hope happens. Don't give fuel to the other side.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #333 on: March 31, 2023, 10:02:07 pm »

That's right... It's all drama!

He's on the campaign trail... What's he going to do, just not go to the states that will extradite him?

The whole idea of fighting extradition is just stupid.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #334 on: March 31, 2023, 10:15:23 pm »

@cato potatoe

A rare instance where you and I agree.  CALMLY show up and turn yourself in,and make a fool of the NYC DA and the DNC in the process.

The TRUTH is they have nothing "real" to charge him with,so he should help them expose themselves as fools and  liars.

Meahwhile this is THE perfect platform to ask  the public why the Clintons have faced no charges while detailing  some of the things they have been proven to be guilty of,as well as some of the things everybody KNOWS they are guilty of,but have never been charged for.

IF Trump plays  this "right",he has THE perfect platform to highlight Dim corruption,and the DNC can't stop him without dropping all the charges against him and  admitting they were wrong.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online LMAO

« Reply #335 on: March 31, 2023, 10:26:51 pm »
No we don't know that.  What we do know is that the left has been out to silence Trump since he decided to run for President and McConnell vowed that he would be a one-term president.

Did he say that about Trump? I don't recall him saying that but I may have missed it. He did say that regarding Obama
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #336 on: March 31, 2023, 10:30:32 pm »

Online LMAO

« Reply #337 on: March 31, 2023, 10:32:01 pm »
As wrong and political as I think this sham is, everyone should keep in mind it couldn't even be happening if a married man didn't go out whoring on his wife and new baby.

Yup

Ultimately, character matters.

This isn't the only issue he will face in the coming months. And, like someone eluded to earlier, even though some law scholars on the left and right agree this case seems weak, we don't know everything the grand jury has seen or any developments that may pop up as this case goes forward

Naturally, everybody is innocent until proven guilty and that also applies to Trump despite Pelosi's claim to the contrary. But the court of public opinion isn't bound by such rules

« Last Edit: March 31, 2023, 10:40:24 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #338 on: March 31, 2023, 10:42:57 pm »

@GtHawk

Yeah,causen Trump bees de onlie wun what bin doin this,huh?

The freaking "Morality Police" make me want to puke. Most of these bastards are guilty of what they condemn other people of doing,but they are not public figures.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #339 on: March 31, 2023, 10:47:59 pm »
Yeah,causen Trump bees de onlie wun what bin doin this,huh?

The freaking "Morality Police" make me want to puke. Most of these bastards are guilty of what they condemn other people of doing,but they are not public figures.

@sneakypete

I am ALL FOR going back to requiring high standards of public officials.

If he can't keep his oath to his wife. what good is his oath to me?

Online libertybele

« Reply #340 on: March 31, 2023, 10:50:15 pm »
Did he say that about Trump? I don't recall him saying that but I may have missed it. He did say that regarding Obama

Well, since I can't find a link -- I'll say I stand corrected and remembered incorrectly.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #341 on: March 31, 2023, 10:53:17 pm »
... Which is all a moot point, because Tumpy is surrendering in NYC.

Yes.  Trump wants this.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #342 on: March 31, 2023, 10:56:56 pm »
Yes.  Trump wants this.

Sure he does. Victim card. He gets to play the martyr.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #343 on: March 31, 2023, 11:05:30 pm »
That's the level of disdain and hate I have for Biden.  Trump?  Not a fan, but he doesn't near neet that bar of despot.   And I am sure deep down, Biden is worse in your book too.   I hope.
Biden is a useful idiot, chosen because those who are indeed worse than Trump can manipulate him. But they are the enemy we know.

If we're ever going to get back to the days of fiscal responsibility, young adults accepting their responsibility to marry and have children, and the country we used to know where we could be trusted with guns without a mass school shooting every couple of weeks... we have to take the microphone away from Donald Trump. He's only in this for himself, and he will destroy everything in pursuit of fealty to himself.

Yet there are too many people, allegedly against these evil forces, who demand fealty to Trump. The only way to neuter that is to get rid of Trump. The only way we can unite against the left is to get rid of those who insist on themselves and no one else.

So let our mutual enemies devour each other, and hopefully we can pick up the wreckage.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #344 on: March 31, 2023, 11:11:06 pm »
Hadn't seen this before ...

Trump's paid a second lady (my words, probable others fit) ? ? ?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-grand-jury-digs-into-hush-money-paid-to-second-woman-c1818ffb

That woman is Karen McDougal, a former model for Playboy who was voted “Playmate of the Year in 1998”.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/karen-mcdougal-donald-trump-indictment-b2312051.html
« Last Edit: March 31, 2023, 11:17:08 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #345 on: March 31, 2023, 11:22:38 pm »
Charlie Kirk
@charliekirk11

BREAKING: President Trump raises over $4 million in 24 hours after Manhattan DA's indictment. 25% of donations are from first-time donors to the Trump Campaign.

6:56 PM · Mar 31, 2023

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #346 on: March 31, 2023, 11:50:57 pm »
Hadn't seen this before ...

Trump's paid a second lady (my words, probable others fit) ? ? ?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-grand-jury-digs-into-hush-money-paid-to-second-woman-c1818ffb

That woman is Karen McDougal, a former model for Playboy who was voted “Playmate of the Year in 1998”.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/karen-mcdougal-donald-trump-indictment-b2312051.html

“We talked for a couple of hours, then it was ‘on!’ — we got naked and had sex,” she wrote.

She added that Mr Trump offered her money afterwards, to which she responded that she was “not that kind of girl”.

You always set the price up front.  1st rule in the Art of the deal.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2023, 11:51:44 pm by Wingnut »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online libertybele

« Reply #347 on: April 01, 2023, 12:06:20 am »
Biden is a useful idiot, chosen because those who are indeed worse than Trump can manipulate him. But they are the enemy we know.

If we're ever going to get back to the days of fiscal responsibility, young adults accepting their responsibility to marry and have children, and the country we used to know where we could be trusted with guns without a mass school shooting every couple of weeks... we have to take the microphone away from Donald Trump. He's only in this for himself, and he will destroy everything in pursuit of fealty to himself.

Yet there are too many people, allegedly against these evil forces, who demand fealty to Trump. The only way to neuter that is to get rid of Trump. The only way we can unite against the left is to get rid of those who insist on themselves and no one else.

So let our mutual enemies devour each other, and hopefully we can pick up the wreckage.

The problems in this country that you mention were occurring long before Trump.  Like him or not, he had us headed in a more positive direction; energy independence, low unemployment, shelves were full, gas prices were much lower, etc. 

Our DOJ and Congress are a disaster.  The only way to fix that is from the ground up; local and state level.  That's why it is so important to support conservative governors.

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #348 on: April 01, 2023, 12:16:37 am »
Quote from: Wingnut
She added that Mr Trump offered her money afterwards, to which she responded that she was “not that kind of girl”.

Well the articles hint it seems $150k (more than Stormy) found it's way to her before she decided to suddenly hush up and call it just a mutual fling. I had heard rumors of this before (the fling) but not the "hush money" being thrown in the equation.

I need to get a job as Trump's hitman and possible save him a few bucks.... you know ... art of the deal stuff.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2023, 12:18:29 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online libertybele

« Reply #349 on: April 01, 2023, 12:19:10 am »
Well the articles hint it seems $150k (more than Stormy) found it's way to her before she decided to suddenly hush up and call it just a mutual fling. I had heard rumors of this before (the fling) but not the "hush money" being thrown in the equation.

I need to get a job as Trump's hitman and possible save him a few bucks.... you know ... art of the deal stuff.

All of this is nauseating.