Author Topic: T-38 Talon engine repair woes could slow pilot training for months  (Read 131 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
T-38 Talon engine repair woes could slow pilot training for months
By Rachel S. Cohen
 Thursday, Mar 16

Service officials say the main contractor, Arizona-based StandardAero, hasn’t delivered enough freshly refurbished engines to train American and foreign combat pilots. Those deliveries have lagged the usual rate for several months due to a web of complications.

The problem comes as the Air Force struggles with a growing pilot shortage that particularly affects the fighter community. T-38s are the Air Force’s sole intermediate platform for teaching airmen to fly fighter and bomber aircraft.

After months of intervention, however, the T-38 enterprise is beginning to see improvements.

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2023/03/16/t-38-talon-engine-repair-woes-could-slow-pilot-training-for-months/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: T-38 Talon engine repair woes could slow pilot training for months
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2023, 03:42:35 pm »
Another feather in the covers of the flag officers responsible for maintenance! :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson