Author Topic: Nevada lawmaker unveils plan to offer Medicaid regardless of immigration status  (Read 116 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Nevada lawmaker unveils plan to offer Medicaid regardless of immigration status

By Freixys Casado
Published: Mar. 17, 2023 at 8:08 PM EDT

RENO, Nev. (KOLO) - Access to health care could be expanding in Nevada. State Senator Fabian Doñate has announced more details about his plan to expand Medicaid coverage to all Nevadans regardless of their immigration status.

During a press conference Thursday, Doñate outlined the goals of a far-reaching measure he called the “Nevada Health Opportunities, Planning, and Expansion or HOPE Act.” He said it would “build equity,” reduce costs and improve the state’s healthcare infrastructure by expanding access to care and investing in technology and jobs.

Doctors, pediatricians, and affected community members joined Doñate to share heir experiences and support for the bill.

Rico Ocampo, an organizer with nonprofit Make the Road Nevada, shared the story of his older brother. In 2006 he and his family arrived at a Las Vegas hospital requesting help for his brother who at the time suffered from severe abdominal pain.

https://www.kolotv.com/2023/03/18/nevada-lawmaker-unveils-plan-offer-medicaid-regardless-immigration-status/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
This isn't so much about providing health care for illegals as it is about relieving businesses the costs of health care for their employees.  Illegals just happen to be a good cover for the true intent. :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson