Author Topic: Economic Insecurity for Military Families Predates Pandemic, Inflation  (Read 92 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Economic Insecurity for Military Families Predates Pandemic, Inflation
MARCH 2, 2023| SONNER KEHRT

Mandi Afoa wanted a good cup of coffee. She had just moved to Fort Polk, Louisiana, from Texas with her husband, an active-duty Army captain, and their three children. She missed the coffee scene she’d left behind in San Antonio.

Afoa had begun working part time at her children’s school, something several other military spouses she knew did as well. Wages were low, Afoa says, and people were frustrated. She asked coworkers why they stayed at the job. It was the only work they could find, they told her.

Afoa and her husband started thinking. Military spouses needed—or even just wanted—to work, but they found options around base limited. People felt stuck in low-paying jobs or poor work environments. And then, there was that craving for good coffee.

https://thewarhorse.org/military-food-insecurity-higher-than-average-americans/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson