Author Topic: Republicans from Northern Border Security caucus to address drug, human trafficking concerns  (Read 106 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Republicans from Northern Border Security caucus to address drug, human trafficking concerns
by: Basil John

Posted: Mar 17, 2023 / 02:07 PM CDT

Updated: Mar 17, 2023 / 02:07 PM CDT

WASHINGTON (NEXSTAR) — Lawmakers say they are concerned about an increase in human and drug trafficking across the border between the U.S. and Canada.

Rep. Mike Kelly, R-Pennsylvania, says it’s time to expand the discussion about border security.

“There’s a lot more to the borders of the United States than just the southwestern border. We also have a northern border,” Kelly said.

That’s why Kelly and other House Republicans created the Northern Border Caucus.

“We have big borders but we’ve always kind of trusted that there’s going to be oversight. The thing we’re finding out now is there really not as much oversight as we need,” Kelly said.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/border-crime/republicans-from-northern-border-security-caucus-to-address-drug-human-trafficking-concerns/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson