Author Topic: Mexican president: Lack of hugs caused U.S. fentanyl crisis  (Read 188 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Mexican president: Lack of hugs caused U.S. fentanyl crisis
« on: March 18, 2023, 02:52:59 pm »
Mexican president: Lack of hugs caused U.S. fentanyl crisis
Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador gives his regularly scheduled morning press conference at the National Palace in Mexico City, Feb. 28, 2023. Mexico’s… Read More
by: Associated Press

Posted: Mar 17, 2023 / 04:22 PM CDT

Updated: Mar 17, 2023 / 04:22 PM CDT

MEXICO CITY (AP) — Mexico’s president said Friday that U.S. families were to blame for the fentanyl overdose crisis because they don’t hug their kids enough.

The comment by President Andrés Manuel López Obrador caps a week of provocative statements from him about the crisis caused by fentanyl, a synthetic opioid trafficked by Mexican cartels that has been blamed for about 70,000 overdose deaths per year in the United States.

López Obrador said family values have broken down in the United States, because parents don’t let their children live at home long enough. He has also denied that Mexico produces fentanyl.

On Friday, the Mexican president told a morning news briefing that the problem was caused by “a lack of hugs, of embraces.”

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/border-crime/mexican-president-lack-of-hugs-caused-u-s-fentanyl-crisis/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Mexican president: Lack of hugs caused U.S. fentanyl crisis
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2023, 02:54:07 pm »
Doesn't he know global warming is causing the lack of hugs so there is nothing that can be done about it? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson