Author Topic: Injustice: Lawyers Pick Public’s Pocket to Keep Illegal Aliens in U.S.  (Read 116 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Injustice: Lawyers Pick Public’s Pocket to Keep Illegal Aliens in U.S.
March 06, 2023

Taxpayers in some 50 cities and counties are paying more than $66 million for lawyers to keep illegal aliens, foreign criminals and other immigration violators in the United States.

According to a new study by the Immigration Reform Law Institute (IRLI), a growing number of deportation defense programs are providing “free” legal services to aliens in Immigration Court. Such work is often done without public knowledge or consent; it’s just another seemingly innocuous disbursement of local funds to non-profit organizations.

What’s not to like? Plenty.

The cost for legal aid to illegal aliens is on top of the $140 billion tab that migrants run up on other state and local services, ranging from schools to hospitals to jails.

https://www.fairus.org/blog/2023/03/06/injustice-lawyers-pick-publics-pocket-keep-illegal-aliens-us
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson