Author Topic: Columbia-Class Submarine: The Largest Submarine Built by the U.S. Navy Is a Big Secret  (Read 109 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Columbia-Class Submarine: The Largest Submarine Built by the U.S. Navy Is a Big Secret
Story by Kris Osborn • 1h ago

Columbia-Class Submarine: What Do We Know? Lurking secretly in dark waters around the world and holding potential adversaries at risk of nuclear destruction from unknown locations, US Navy’s nuclear-armed ballistic missile submarines offer the backbone of U.S. strategic deterrence.

Undersea strategic deterrence essentially guarantees second-strike retaliatory catastrophic destruction of any adversary who attacks the U.S. with nuclear weapons, thus preventing war by ensuring the complete annihilation of any country that attacks with nuclear weapons. The promise of total destruction, somewhat paradoxically one might say, keeps the peace.

Columbia-Class Submarine - Lurking Threat
This conceptual premise is why, for many years now, the Pentagon has identified the now emerging Columbia-class nuclear-armed ballistic missile submarines as a number one DoD acquisition priority. After years of science and technology, prototyping, and advanced design specs, the U.S. Navy is now building its first Columbia-class submarine, slated to arrive at the end of the decade.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/columbia-class-submarine-the-largest-submarine-built-by-the-u-s-navy-is-a-big-secret/ar-AA18MX7a?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=674e28bbbc5f48d281817584bdc0929f&ei=29
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 01:46:45 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson