Author Topic: Air Force Sees First Flight Delay of B-21 Stealth Bomber  (Read 145 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Air Force Sees First Flight Delay of B-21 Stealth Bomber
« on: March 17, 2023, 03:32:11 pm »
Air Force Sees First Flight Delay of B-21 Stealth Bomber
Story by Tony Capaccio • Yesterday 3:52 PM

IN THIS ARTICLE

(Bloomberg) -- The first flight of Northrop Grumman Corp.’s B-21 Raider has slipped a few months even as the Air Force seeks congressional approval for increased procurement funding for the bomber, according to Air Force Secretary Frank Kendall and budget documents.

Despite the slip, “it’s still within the baseline we originally had for the program,” Kendall told a defense conference in Washington on Wednesday.

Major weapons programs have benchmarks meant to impose discipline on cost, schedule and performance to insure taxpayer dollars are well-spent and would trigger notification to Congress if breached. The delay isn’t dire, Kendall said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/air-force-sees-first-flight-delay-of-b-21-stealth-bomber/ar-AA18IRiv
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson