Author Topic: Border Patrol terror watch-list encounters on track to outpace last year’s record  (Read 118 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Border Patrol terror watch-list encounters on track to outpace last year’s record
Adam Shaw, Bill Melugin
Thu, March 16, 2023 at 5:27 PM EDT·2 min read
The number of people encountered by Border Patrol agents at the southern border between ports of entry is on track to outpace the record number encountered last fiscal year, according to new data released by Customs and Border Protection (CBP) this week.

Agents stopped 16 people on the FBI’s terror watch list who crossed illegally at the southern border in February. It brings the total number of encounters for fiscal year 2023 to 69, which is on a pace to exceed the 98 encounters in the prior fiscal year.

There were only eight terror watch-list arrests between ports of entry between fiscal years 2017 and 2020, followed by 15 encounters in 2021.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/border-patrol-terror-watch-list-212718829.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson