Author Topic: Irrational Atheism  (Read 455 times)

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
Irrational Atheism
« on: March 17, 2023, 04:56:33 am »
My website, just developed today after its predecessor was eliminated by Silicon Valley Leftists who censor those critical of the Biden Crime Syndicate, to which they contributed millions of dollars:

http://Irrational-Atheism.blogspot.com

If any of you fine thinkers have something substantial to add, or a correction to suggest, please send me your private message. I will acknowledge you on this thread if I utilize your contribution, unless you do not wish me to do so.
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "It is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
Re: Irrational Atheism
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2023, 08:47:56 pm »
Religiously unaffiliated subjects had significantly more lifetime suicide attempts and more first-degree relatives who committed suicide than subjects who endorsed a religious affiliation. Unaffiliated subjects were younger, less often married, less often had children, and had less contact with family members. Furthermore, subjects with no religious affiliation perceived fewer reasons for living, particularly fewer moral objections to suicide. In terms of clinical characteristics, religiously unaffiliated subjects had more lifetime impulsivity, aggression, and past substance use disorder. - Religious Affiliation and Suicide Attempt, American Journal of Psychiatry, December, 2004

Atheists claim to have all the answers, but I have all the questions.  If they are so smart, why are 20% of Nobel Prize Laureates of the Jewish faith when its adherents constitute only .2% of the world population; 65% of Laureates are Christians; only about 10% are atheists and theirs are disproportionately in literature, not any science?  Why are they so depressed?  Why are they so bitter?  Why do they marry so much less frequently than people of faith when marriage has scientifically been associated with better mental and physical health compared to remaining single?  Why do they have so few children when the Darwinian Imperative is to maximize offspring? Why don’t they know that high I.Q. is not wisdom (take the Unabomber, please)?

" - A large-scale 1972 study found that persons who did not attend
church were four times as likely to commit suicide than were frequent
church attenders.
 - One survey of nearly 14,000 youths found that substance abuse varied
in direct proportion to strength of religious commitment.  The authors
concluded that 'importance of religion' was the single best predictor of
substance abuse patterns.
 - Several studies have found that alcohol abuse is highest among those
with little or no religious commitment.
 - Religious people recover from surgery more quickly than do their
atheistic and agnostic counterparts.
 - A number of studies have found a strong inverse correlation between
church attendance and divorce.
 - A 1978 study found that church attendance predicted marital
satisfaction better than any other single variable.
 - Very religious women report greater happiness and satisfaction with
marital sex.

In short, the burden of both clinical experience and the research data
suggests that among the most important determinants of human happiness
and psychological well-being are our spiritual beliefs and moral
choices."

God: The Evidence, by Patrick Glynn

Erroneous statements are usually good faith errors, and they are quite common.

Leftists display their personal conviction of being smugly superior by:
1.    Calling others “racist” and “homophobes” and “sexist” and “greedy/mean-spirited,” intimating that they themselves are none of these things and are therefore morally superior,
2.   Proclaiming loudly and repeatedly “Black Lives Matter” of recent,
3.   Embracing climate change extremism under the guise of scientific/intellectual superiority,
4.   Embracing Darwinism under the guise of scientific/intellectual superiority,
5.   Driving a Tesla, thus ‘saving the earth,’
6.   Wearing a mask, thus ‘saving lives,’
7.   Denouncing Nature’s God, Christianity, and embracing atheism under the guise of scientific/intellectual superiority.
Will Democrats begin awarding Hero of Amurika Medals to them, with Raspberry Clusters for repeat awards?
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "It is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist