Author Topic: The Navy Declassified Its Demands for a Next-Gen Fighter Jet  (Read 144 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

The Navy Declassified Its Demands for a Next-Gen Fighter Jet
Story by Sascha Brodsky • Yesterday 11:30 AM

The U.S. Navy is asking for nearly $1.53 billion to develop its secretive next-generation fighter aircraft, known as F/A-XX.

The Department of the Navy wants the funding as part of its Fiscal Year 2024 budget proposal. The new aircraft is expected to replace the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet. Details of the classified F/A-XX remain murky, but the plane is likely to act as the Navy’s “quarterback” for human-crewed and uncrewed future carrier operations.

“As we look at it right now, the Next-Gen Air Dominance is a family of systems, which has as its centerpiece the F/A-XX—which may or may not be manned—platform,” Rear Adm. Gregory Harris, who leads the chief of naval operation’s air warfare directorate, said in 2021. “It’s the fixed-wing portion of the Next-Gen Air Dominance family of systems.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/the-navy-declassified-its-demands-for-a-next-gen-fighter-jet/ar-AA18Fnu0?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=2db93452688449a19a2c2c50617eb965&ei=181
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson