Author Topic: In ‘Cold War’ style, Kremlin subs deploy off American shores  (Read 110 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
In ‘Cold War’ style, Kremlin subs deploy off American shores
By Boyko Nikolov on March 9, 2023
Subscribe to Google News
WASHINGTON, US — Just a few days ago, Russian President Mr. Vladimir Putin announced that Russia will build more nuclear submarines. “To guarantee the security of our country for decades,” the Kremlin host explained his decision. Mr. Putin made this statement at the commissioning ceremony of the fleet’s new nuclear-powered submarine Generalissimus Suvorov.

This statement comes at a time when overseas claims that the old Soviet tactics, Cold War-style, are already underway. Observers and intelligence say Moscow has nuclear submarines off the US coast. “There are indications that ‘nuclear submarines are located off the coast of the United States and in the Mediterranean Sea and elsewhere in the European periphery.’ These claims are from Michael Peterson, director of the Russian Maritime Research Institute [RMSI].

Observations in recent months show a similar trend, they say in the US. There are reports that, in addition to Russia’s huge nuclear fleet in the Black Sea, Moscow has nuclear submarines in the Mediterranean and near the coast of the United States.

More troubling, some military experts say, is that they have no information. The US does not know the number of Russian submarines located where it is claimed. However, this is in slight opposition to the first statement, since if the number is not known, how are they supposed to be located. Of course, the claims at this point are based on speculation, and the assumptions are that Russia has greatly increased its nuclear submarine arsenal over the past decade.

https://bulgarianmilitary.com/amp/2023/03/09/in-cold-war-style-kremlin-subs-deploy-off-american-shores/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson