Author Topic: 500 migrants arrive in Juarez on top of trains seeking entry into U.S.  (Read 101 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
500 migrants arrive in Juarez on top of trains seeking entry into U.S.
by: Julian Resendiz, Roberto Delgado

Posted: Mar 14, 2023 / 06:42 PM CDT

Updated: Mar 14, 2023 / 06:42 PM CDT

Newcomers end up sleeping on the streets after finding migrant shelters full

JUAREZ, Mexico (Border Report) – Hundreds of migrants continue arriving daily in Juarez despite efforts on both sides of the border to convince asylum seekers to apply for protection online.

The municipal police on Tuesday rounded up 200 migrants near the Juarez train station after they traveled to the border from southern Mexico on top of boxcars. Police took the migrants to shelters, but dozens ended up sleeping on the streets because some shelters turned them away.

“We arrived before dawn. We got here and the police took us to a shelter, but there was no (room) at the shelter,” said Oscar Marquez, a Venezuelan national. The migrants arrived with the hope of crossing into the United States.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/500-migrants-arrive-in-juarez-on-top-of-trains-seeking-entry-into-u-s/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson