Author Topic: Inflation good news ... Democrat-style  (Read 264 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Inflation good news ... Democrat-style
« on: March 15, 2023, 02:01:04 pm »
March 14, 2023
Inflation good news ... Democrat-style
By Ethel C. Fenig

As per its schedule, the U.S. government's Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) released its monthly report on the February 2023 Consumer Price Index (CPI) at 8:30 a.m. (EDT) this morning, confirming what most of us have noticed. 

CPI for all items rises 0.4% in February as shelter increases

In February, the Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers increased 0.4 percent, seasonally adjusted, and rose 6.0 percent over the last 12 months, not seasonally adjusted. The index for all items less food and energy increased 0.5 percent in February (SA); up 5.5 percent over the year

"...less food and energy..."

Oh.

Food, which all living things need, jumped on an annual basis to 9.5%.  For those who eat at home, food prices zoomed up 10.2 %.  If that is too much for some, be reassured that "food away from home" in the past 12 months gulped up "only" 8.4%. 

Yeah, yeah...I know.

But there was some better yearly news on energy; really.  Energy costs (only)  increased 5.2% as energy commodities (oil, gas) dropped 1.4%.

Drill, drill, explore, and drill some more.

But, uhhhh, energy services, though, increased by 13.3%.

More good news -- the 6% rise in inflation is the slowest annual increase in consumer prices since September 2021.

Well, yes, given the Democrat administration, this is good news.

In light of all this--and more, e.g., the collapse of Silicon Valley Bank, will the Federal Reserve raise interest rates?  Stay tuned.  Because if you require food or shelter, you can't tune out.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/03/inflation_good_news__democratstyle.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Inflation good news ... Democrat-style
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2023, 02:37:08 pm »
:facepalm2:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2023, 03:28:26 pm »
I suppose any administration will try to spin bad news into good

But this administration comes up with the worst spin and/or blames the previous administration
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2023, 09:42:23 pm »
Today was the first day in many months in which I'd seen the price of crude drop below $70.

It's at $67.61 as I type this...