Archives > Radio Shows

Do you listen to podcasts? Any recommendations?

<< < (5/5)

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: Gefn on May 15, 2024, 01:22:51 pm ---
Good gosh no. I like my podcasts to be about different things. Lately other than my French podcast I have been listening to one about movies and tv.... or of course animal stories. Or old radio shows like Dragnet, or Jean Shepard or Bob and Ray

I want to think of happy things when I  am walking or going to the gym. no current affairs.

Thank you @roamer_1

--- End quote ---

I have been a long time listener to Coast to Coast AM - same ol Art Bell type weirdo stuff... Though Art Bell is long gone. Noory (Art's successor) is dang near gone... But it keeps on tickin....

You can find that on any podcast place and on youtube. I do the youtube one, and it is usually 1/2 hr to an hr long.

It's good for the part of me that chases after windmills (Waxing Quixotic, RIP)  happy77

roamer_1:
Another weirdo one is Blurry Creatures on Spotify or Youtube, for sure, maybe elsewhere...

But that's all I have to prolly recommend... All the rest of my stuff is heavy philosophy and religion, or hillbilly.

A note though @Gefn ... If you are listening on your ph., then I might recommend staying in audio podcasts - Not youtube or the like, because the video that comes along with the audio is a whole lot of weight on your phone, and will wear down your battery pretty quickly. Pure audio sites will last a whole lot longer.

deb:

--- Quote from: Gefn on May 15, 2024, 01:22:51 pm ---
Good gosh no. I like my podcasts to be about different things. Lately other than my French podcast I have been listening to one about movies and tv.... or of course animal stories. Or old radio shows like Dragnet, or Jean Shepard or Bob and Ray

I want to think of happy things when I  am walking or going to the gym. no current affairs.

Thank you @roamer_1

--- End quote ---

For something entirely different, I recommend The Minimal Mom. She’s a young(ish) mom from the Midwest who promotes a minimal lifestyle. I’m needing to downsize (i.e. get rid of) a lot of stuff in my house. I’ve learned a lot from her.

MajorClay:
My Favorites are X22 report and And We Know

Sighlass:

--- Quote from: Gefn on May 15, 2024, 01:22:51 pm ---Good gosh no. I like my podcasts to be about different things. Lately other than my French podcast I have been listening to one about movies and tv.... or of course animal stories. Or old radio shows like Dragnet, or Jean Shepard or Bob and Ray.

--- End quote ---

Well I could send ya folders (hundreds) of 80s music that is so rare every song would be unknown to ya. Don't know how ya would stream it though, and most folks do everything now on a phone so they can't actually download anything of any size.

Promise you wouldn't know a single song... Buddy of mine is even doing a series on the songs now... One Letter at a time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpm2NPPSOVQ

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version