Author Topic: DHS Takes Money from Trust Funds and Gives It to USCIS, Aliens’ Employers, and Some Aliens in a Reve  (Read 124 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
DHS Takes Money from Trust Funds and Gives It to USCIS, Aliens’ Employers, and Some Aliens in a Reverse Double Play: Chance-to-Evers-to-Tinker

By David North on March 14, 2023
In a new move, DHS is taking some funds indirectly from the Social Security and Medicare programs and giving it to USCIS, aliens’ employers, and sometimes to the foreign workers themselves; we are engaged in a bit of financial reverse engineering — DHS does not describe it in the realistic manner used here.

What the agency says in a press release headline is: “USCIS Announces Premium Processing; New Online-Filing Procedures for Certain F-1 Students Seeking OPT or STEM OPT Extensions”.

Starting March 6, USCIS is accepting money ($1,500) to speed decisions (usually approvals) for foreign students and alumni from American universities who have pending I-765 petitions seeking employment authorization in the federally subsidized Optional Practical Training Programs. In these programs, neither the student/alumnus nor his employer must pay the usual payroll taxes unless he has been here for less than five years. The agency calls it “premium processing”.

In the best upper-crust tea party tradition — one must never discuss money in polite society — the press release does not mention the premium processing fee or the fact that this is not only a foreign worker program, it is a federally subsidized one.

https://cis.org/North/DHS-Takes-Money-Trust-Funds-and-Gives-It-USCIS-Aliens-Employers-and-Some-Aliens-Reverse
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson