Author Topic: Biden Administration and Congressional Democrats Facilitated ‘Explosion’ in Illegal Alien Child Labo  (Read 123 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden Administration and Congressional Democrats Facilitated ‘Explosion’ in Illegal Alien Child Labor
Media investigations have missed key policies that have led to nationwide exploitation

By Jon Feere on March 14, 2023

Porous borders and lax enforcement of immigration laws in the interior of the United States have led to an explosion in child labor at worksites across the nation. This troubling development is the result of policy choices made by the Biden administration and Congress that have resulted in an influx of unaccompanied alien children (UAC) and limited the ability of federal law enforcement to arrest those responsible. Without immediate changes to these policies and nationwide investigations that lead to criminal prosecutions, the exploitation of unlawful child labor will continue to grow. This report details controversial and dangerous policies that must be addressed by the new Congress.

The Media Takes Notice. Critics of the Biden administration’s controversial immigration policies have warned of the negative consequences of limited enforcement of the nation’s immigration laws. That the election of President Joe Biden and the appointment of DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas would lead to widespread unlawful hiring practices and exploitation of child labor should not have come as a surprise. The results of the administration’s policies have become so blatantly damaging to American society that media outlets usually blind to controversial policies of open-border administrations have found themselves unable to ignore at least some of the horrific fallout.

A recent investigation from the New York Times exposes the fact that illegal alien minors are “arriving in record numbers” and “ending up in dangerous jobs that violate child labor laws” across the United States. The Times reports that the exploitation of child labor “has exploded since 2021”, and that the “number of unaccompanied minors entering the United States climbed to a high of 130,000 last year — three times what it was five years earlier”. The article is an indictment of the Biden administration’s open-border policies, the results of which were entirely predictable. The Times explains:

https://cis.org/Report/Biden-Administration-and-Congressional-Democrats-Facilitated-Explosion-Illegal-Alien-Child
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson