Author Topic: Navy intel chief says average Americans are ‘naive,’ have ‘blindness’ on China threat  (Read 139 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Navy intel chief says average Americans are ‘naive,’ have ‘blindness’ on China threat

MARCH 14, 2023 JUSTIN COOPER

The commander of Navy intelligence recently called the average American “naïve” to the threats posed by China, saying the nation suffers from “a China blindness problem” as competition between the countries reaches new heights.

Rear Adm. Mike Studeman, commander of the Office of Naval Intelligence, made the remark Feb. 15, Breaking Defense reported, at the height of the fallout over a Chinese spy balloon that flew over a large part of the U.S. before being shot down by fighter jets.

“I’ll be very honest with you. It’s very unsettling to see how much the U.S. is not connecting the dots on our No. 1 challenge,” Studeman said during the U.S. Naval Institute’s WEST 2023 conference in San Diego, California.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2023/03/navy-intel-chief-says-average-americans-are-naive-have-blindness-on-china-threat/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
If the military is connecting the dots, it sure doesn't show in their actions. **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson