Author Topic: Unstoppable  (Read 149 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Unstoppable
« on: March 13, 2023, 11:40:58 am »
Unstoppable
Anti-fossil-fuel politicians tried to discredit my Congressional testimony on energy security this week using 100% false personal attacks. They failed, and all such future attempts will fail.

Alex Epstein
Mar 11
When you last heard from me, I was preparing to deliver Congressional testimony on the Biden Administration’s abuse of the Strategic Petroleum Reserve.

I was eager, not only to testify, but also to answer any and all questions and counterarguments.

What I was not eager for was for Rep. Cori Bush, the lead Democrat of the Oversight subcommittee holding the hearing, to attempt to ambush me with 100% false allegations of “White Supremacist views” expressed in my college years. This was clearly inspired by the Washington Post’s failed attempt to do the same thing prior to the launch of Fossil Future.

Rep. Bush’s attack on me was not a sideline in the hearing; it was how she began the hearing. She actually had two posters made of quotes from me!

https://alexepstein.substack.com/p/unstoppable?utm_source=post-email-title&pu
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Unstoppable
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2023, 11:43:08 am »
She's right there with Hank Johnson as the most brilliant representatives in congressional history. :thud:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson