Author Topic: Baseball 2023  (Read 36575 times)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Baseball 2023
« Reply #225 on: October 04, 2023, 09:27:55 pm »
Cash.....  First mistake was not getting the clutch Uncle Charlie on the Mound. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #226 on: October 04, 2023, 09:45:32 pm »
Having had time to 'study' at the embarrassing attendance for the 1st Wildcard Game at Tropicana Field, some reasons put forth...

...it was a 3PM Game on a Tuesday, that was announced on Sunday.

...elderly demographic majority.

Most of the transplants are fans of other teams.  And then you have the Tampa people who feel entitled to everything on their side of the bridge.  It's a 25 minute drive from St. Pete to Tampa, but to hear them tell it, their commute to St. Pete is like a trek through the Darién Gap.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #227 on: October 05, 2023, 02:59:24 am »

Extra $5 Catfish Dollars for ANYONE who thought All 4 WC series would be sweeps.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2023, 03:00:33 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #228 on: October 07, 2023, 08:50:17 pm »
Fox Sports can kiss my ass.  Relegate my game to Fox Sports Deaux until the end of the rump ranger game?

Who the hell gets that ?     9999hair out0000

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #229 on: October 08, 2023, 01:32:51 am »
Enjoying the hell out of seeing Kershaw and the Bums getting shelled.

5 runs and not a single out yet.   :silly:

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #230 on: October 08, 2023, 01:38:43 am »
Kershaw's line tonight-  1/3 IP. 6R. 6H era- 54.00

:silly:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #231 on: October 08, 2023, 02:38:12 am »
The Braves are doing what they always do once the playoffs get here.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #232 on: October 08, 2023, 01:25:10 pm »
Kershaw's line tonight-  1/3 IP. 6R. 6H era- 54.00

:silly:

I swear @catfish1957 ... Altuve leads off game with a HR again?  AGAIN???

He's got a buzzer up his ass that somebody activates.   Like Morse Code.

...and he LIKES it!!    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #233 on: October 08, 2023, 02:10:58 pm »
I swear @catfish1957 ... Altuve leads off game with a HR again?  AGAIN???

He's got a buzzer up his ass that somebody activates.   Like Morse Code.

...and he LIKES it!!    :laugh:

Astros caught some breaks and besides them, only rubes remain in the AL hunt, and they are going to start feeling the pressure.
Playoff Games the past 10 years- (2013-2022)

Houston-  92
Minnesota- 6
Baltimore-  8
Arlington-  8

And as far as the Altuve buzzing, I understand whyy opposing fans might be a tad jealous of us.  We are close to going to our 7th consecutive LCS.    Haters gotta hate.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #234 on: October 08, 2023, 10:49:18 pm »
Fox Sports can kiss my ass.  Relegate my game to Fox Sports Deaux until the end of the rump ranger game?

Who the hell gets that ?     9999hair out0000

@catfish1957

Gotta keep that Astros hate going.

Actually, that Rangers-Orioles game got delayed and pushed everything back. My BFF and I get infuriated with delays. Our motto is "put a roof on it!" We might be snobs, but we embrace it. That's gotta count for something.

-------------------------

On a somber note, there's little joy in this weekend of playoff baseball because of the attacks in Israel. Even so, go 'Stros!

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #235 on: October 09, 2023, 03:06:01 am »
Went to our Orioles game today.

Was a nice time but boy did they stink it up today.  Thought first game showed it couldn’t be bad but it wasn’t good tonite.  Only thing I can say…they did try to rally.

Anyway, the first play-off I’ve ever been to and a good time.  Glad I could get tickets for my son to experience it.  You never know, they may never make it for another 40 years.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #236 on: October 09, 2023, 03:20:01 am »
@the OlLine Rebel

when I was really little (like 3 or 4) I thought the Orioles were the Oreos like the cookie.

Submitted for everyone's approval, I hope it made you all giggle.

(I'm sorry , I just haven't followed baseball since my dad passed. He use to take us kids to Philly and Yankees games all the time up until I was a teenager)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 03:21:37 am by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #237 on: October 09, 2023, 12:11:49 pm »
@the OlLine Rebel

when I was really little (like 3 or 4) I thought the Orioles were the Oreos like the cookie.

Submitted for everyone's approval, I hope it made you all giggle.

(I'm sorry , I just haven't followed baseball since my dad passed. He use to take us kids to Philly and Yankees games all the time up until I was a teenager)

Oh believe me, we even last nite said maybe we’d have some Oreos in honor of the game (we do indeed have Oreos at home).

That was the way one of our local broadcasters deliberately stated the name:  “…the O-ri-Os!”

Sorry about your dad.  I’m not huge into any sports either (besides horse-racing, but took that down a lot since they knelt for BLM riots).  But, I do like to generally follow what’s happening.  Had a spotty record of going to Orioles games over the decades.  Never went to a NFL game until 2004 with my now husband, and still only a few overall.  My parents took us to some baseball games back in the ‘70s and I even went with my older sister 1 time.  Each memory is nice.  I just only have a few!
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #238 on: October 10, 2023, 04:50:17 am »
Oh believe me, we even last nite said maybe we’d have some Oreos in honor of the game (we do indeed have Oreos at home).

That was the way one of our local broadcasters deliberately stated the name:  “…the O-ri-Os!”

Sorry about your dad.  I’m not huge into any sports either (besides horse-racing, but took that down a lot since they knelt for BLM riots).  But, I do like to generally follow what’s happening.  Had a spotty record of going to Orioles games over the decades.  Never went to a NFL game until 2004 with my now husband, and still only a few overall.  My parents took us to some baseball games back in the ‘70s and I even went with my older sister 1 time.  Each memory is nice.  I just only have a few!

:thumbsup:

Dads are wonderful
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #239 on: October 10, 2023, 04:26:48 pm »
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #240 on: October 10, 2023, 04:30:43 pm »

http://twitter.com/_dadler/status/1711557102643143050

I've watched a lot of baseball in my life, and when comes to post season OF clutch catches and plays, this one is easiy in the Top 5.

And extra bonus points for doubling off the biggest ass hole in MLB....   Bryce Harper.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #241 on: October 10, 2023, 06:19:52 pm »
I've watched a lot of baseball in my life, and when comes to post season OF clutch catches and plays, this one is easiy in the Top 5.

And extra bonus points for doubling off the biggest ass hole in MLB....   Bryce Harper.

It was a crazy end to the game, for sure. I heard today that it was the first time in post-season history there was an outfield-assisted double-play.

As to Bryce Harper, I can't really hate on him anymore.  He seems to have finally gotten a little maturity under his belt and seems to be a pretty decent human nowadays.  We'll see if it sticks.  :shrug:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #242 on: October 11, 2023, 03:23:33 am »
Ranger fans .....  "We Want Houston!!!!!"   :cool:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #243 on: October 11, 2023, 04:03:11 am »
It was a crazy end to the game, for sure. I heard today that it was the first time in post-season history there was an outfield-assisted double-play.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #244 on: October 11, 2023, 01:44:17 pm »

I am sorry, I had to re-loop the Bryce Harper "Walk of Shame" at least 8 times.  Getting doubled  off in the 9th, down 1 on a long fly?

That a Bill Buckner like Brain Fart, and seeing Harper suffer?   :patriot:

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #245 on: October 11, 2023, 03:00:56 pm »
I am sorry, I had to re-loop the Bryce Harper "Walk of Shame" at least 8 times.  Getting doubled  off in the 9th, down 1 on a long fly?

LOL.  It was kind of fun to see the loop of all the different angles of him being thrown out.  :beer:

Offline berdie

« Reply #246 on: October 11, 2023, 10:00:37 pm »
Although I can't say I am a true baseball fan, like most folks that post here are...I am one of those folks that will jump on the band wagon.  :laugh:

So, someone has to say it and it might as well be me...

GO Rangers... :bolt:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #247 on: October 12, 2023, 02:19:41 am »
I don't give a damn what anybody says...getting a week off with a "BYE" translates to "bye-bye"!!

Dodgers...Orioles... two offensively powerful teams are being swept?

And the Orioles...who won 101 games didn't just get swept for the first time in 89 SERIES. 
They got the SNOT beat of the them.

You cannot get your timing back after sitting on your ass for a week.  It takes time.

The opponent...the supposed fodder has been scraping and clawing daily. 

Tell me I'm wrong.    :laugh:
« Last Edit: October 12, 2023, 02:20:28 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #248 on: October 12, 2023, 02:50:07 am »
I don't give a damn what anybody says...getting a week off with a "BYE" translates to "bye-bye"!!

Dodgers...Orioles... two offensively powerful teams are being swept?

And the Orioles...who won 101 games didn't just get swept for the first time in 89 SERIES. 
They got the SNOT beat of the them.

You cannot get your timing back after sitting on your ass for a week.  It takes time.

The opponent...the supposed fodder has been scraping and clawing daily. 

Tell me I'm wrong.    :laugh:

We seemed to manage the bye alright......   :cool:

But I know what you mean.

Congrats to my Houston Astros who just broke the record for most consecutive visits to the ALCS. -7

Going to be an epic ALCS.   Arlington Rangers and Astros fans pretty much hate each other.  Players aren't too friendly with each other either.

Just don't call them Texas Rangers......   They don't represent the state as far as I am concerned.

Online dfwgator

« Reply #249 on: October 12, 2023, 03:31:16 am »
We seemed to manage the bye alright......   :cool:

But I know what you mean.

Congrats to my Houston Astros who just broke the record for most consecutive visits to the ALCS. -7

Going to be an epic ALCS.   Arlington Rangers and Astros fans pretty much hate each other.  Players aren't too friendly with each other either.

Just don't call them Texas Rangers......   They don't represent the state as far as I am concerned.

Let's Go Rangers,   beat the Astr(o)isks!