Author Topic: What time is it on the moon? Scientists want to create a ‘shared’ lunar clock  (Read 216 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Does the moon have its own timezone? How do we tell time there? Scientists want to create a standardized lunar clock, but it’s complicated. Photo from Ganapathy Kumar via Unsplash

When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie that’s — actually 07:36 lunar time.

Or at least, it hypothetically could be.

Most of us admire the moon, photograph it and occasionally sing a song about it. We don’t often think about lunar timekeeping. But what time is it on the moon? Does the moon have its own lunar timezone? How do we tell time there? Scientists are grappling with these mind-melting questions, and some have an idea how to answer them.

“A new era of lunar exploration is on the rise, with dozens of Moon missions planned for the coming decade,” the European Space Agency (ESA) said in a Monday, Feb. 27, news release.

To allow these lunar missions to coordinate and communicate with each other, the moon “needs a shared clock” and “common timing system,” the agency said on Twitter.

(more)
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/article272624203.html#storylink=cpy
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
A Lunar "Day" would be 28 (or so) Earth "Days." 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: