Author Topic: US nuclear bases to get security networking upgrade from Persistent  (Read 138 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US nuclear bases to get security networking upgrade from Persistent
By Colin Demarest
 Monday, Mar 6

WASHINGTON — The U.S. Air Force tapped communications-technology company Persistent Systems to provide seamless networking for security operations at the nation’s three intercontinental ballistic missile bases in a contract worth nearly $76 million.

To link security personnel on the missile fields with faraway operations centers and to keep an eye out for intruders, Persistent is rolling out its Infrastructure-based Regional Operation Network, or IRON, which uses antenna systems on fixed towers or poles to enable widespread sharing of voice and video, as well as sensor and GPS data.

The company this month said some 700 IRON assets will be installed across Malmstrom, Minot and F.E. Warren Air Force bases, in Montana, North Dakota and Wyoming, respectively. The project, part of the Air Force’s Regional Operating Picture program, will connect 75 operations centers and more than 1,000 security vehicles across a combined area of about 25,000 square miles.

https://www.defensenews.com/industry/2023/03/06/us-nuclear-bases-to-get-security-networking-upgrade-from-persistent/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: US nuclear bases to get security networking upgrade from Persistent
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2023, 03:39:36 pm »
I trust those 1,000 vehicles will be eco safe.  The future of mankind depends on it. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson