Author Topic: Yellen says no federal bailout for Silicon Valley Bank  (Read 491 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Yellen says no federal bailout for Silicon Valley Bank
« on: March 12, 2023, 02:51:08 pm »
Yellen says no federal bailout for Silicon Valley Bank

By CHRIS MEGERIAN

WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) — Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen said Sunday that the federal government would not bail out Silicon Valley Bank, but is working to help depositors who are concerned about their money.

The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation insures deposits up to $250,000, but many of the companies and wealthy people who used the bank — known for its relationships with technology startups and venture capital — had more than that amount in their account. There are fears that some workers across the country won’t receive their paychecks.

Yellen, in an interview with CBS’ “Face the Nation,” provided few details on the government’s next steps. But she emphasized that the situation was much different from the financial crisis almost 15 years ago, which led to bank bailouts to protect the industry.

“We’re not going to do that again,” she said. “But we are concerned about depositors, and we’re focused on trying to meet their needs.”

more
https://apnews.com/article/silicon-valley-bank-bailout-yellen-deposits-failure-94f2185742981daf337c4691bbb9ec1e?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=TopNews&utm_campaign=position_01
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Re: Yellen says no federal bailout for Silicon Valley Bank
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2023, 02:53:43 pm »
In other news, Catfish1957 has acreage land holdings in FL, that with a few just a few pumps might be good buy.

Takers?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2023, 02:54:32 pm »
In other news, Catfish1957 has acreage land holdings in FL, that with a few just a few pumps might be good buy.

Takers?

No Lowball offers.  Fish knows what he's got.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2023, 03:12:30 pm »
Speaking of Fla properties..

William Lauder revealed as buyer of Rush Limbaugh’s $155M Palm Beach estate
By Jane Herz   
March 11, 2023 1:32pm

more
https://nypost.com/2023/03/11/william-lauder-revealed-as-buyer-of-rush-limbaughs-155m-palm-beach-estate/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2023, 03:14:51 pm »
What worries me is that the FedGov might not work that hard to stop it, and let it get out of hand because there is opportunity in crisis to implement totalitarian police state style schemes that they have up their sleeve.
The Republic is lost.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2023, 03:22:36 pm »
What worries me is that the FedGov might not work that hard to stop it, and let it get out of hand because there is opportunity in crisis to implement totalitarian police state style schemes that they have up their sleeve.

And who knows...  tin foil hats aside.....    could this  not be a NWO plan toward economic collapse, one world government, currency, etc.

Sure seems fits the narrative, especially coming from the hotbed of Big Tech commie-central.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2023, 09:31:57 pm »
Fishrrman off-the-wall prediction™:

We'll see "the limit" for FDIC insurance raised, perhaps from 250k to 300k (or even 350k).

(have to admit, I'm WAY "over the limit" in one of my banks. Guess if I go to "move it" next week, they'll be thinkin' I'm doin' "a run" on 'em...)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 09:59:54 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2023, 01:59:33 pm »
Charles Gasparino
@CGasparino
While shareholders of SVB will get wiped out, the bank’s depositors — many of them top Dem donors — are getting a significant bailout. Coincidence?
9:28 AM · Mar 13, 2023
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2023, 04:00:20 pm »
Paul Sperry
@paulsperry_

DEVELOPING: Fed Reserve Bank of SF that missed massive red flags @ SV Bank run by openly gay diversity quota & Janet Yellen protege Mary Daly who focused more on "climate change and inequities" than regulating rogue banks like SVB. Also chairs SF Fed Diversity & Inclusion Council
1:36 PM · Mar 13, 2023
See also Link between Janet Yellen and SVB collapse jumps out in aftermath, at American Wire News.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org