Author Topic: Met Office Accused Of Making Implausible Climate Forecasts Using Junk Models  (Read 142 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY DR. BENNY PEISER, GUEST POST ON MAR 9, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Met Office Accused Of Making Implausible Climate Forecasts Using Junk Models

times headlineA new study by the UK Met Office claims that accelerating global warming will make extreme rainfall events in the UK four times more frequent by 2080 compared to the 1980s.

This story has been widely covered in the news media.

The Met Office claims are derived from computer modeling based on the so-called RCP8.5 emissions scenario, the most extreme pathway for global greenhouse gas emissions, which the Met Office misleadingly describes as “plausible.” [emphasis, links added]

In reality, most credible scientists regard RCP8.5 as implausible given that global emissions data and technological advances essentially rule it out.

As a result, the Biden Administration has abandoned using this discredited worst-case scenario.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/met-office-accused-of-making-implausible-climate-forecasts-using-junk-models/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

As a result, the Biden Administration has abandoned using this discredited worst-case scenario.

I'll bet they haven't!  The Biden program is neither about accurate anything nor honest science, it's about power and control based on the false scenario the earth is burning up and only the government can prevent it - with taxpayer money.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson