Author Topic: NYPD cops resigning in new year at record-breaking pace — with a 117% jump from 2021 numbers  (Read 215 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NYPD cops resigning in new year at record-breaking pace — with a 117% jump from 2021 numbers
By Dean Balsamini, Joe Marino, Craig McCarthy and Steven Vago
March 10, 2023 8:53pm  Updated

New York City cops are resigning at a record-breaking pace this year as the NYPD’s alarming exodus continues, according to new data obtained by The Post.

“The NYPD staffing emergency is approaching the point of no return,” said Police Benevolent Association President Patrick Lynch.

The shocking stats show 239 officers tapped out in January and February, a 36% spike from the 176 who fled in the same period last year and a disturbing 117% jump from the 110 in 2021, NYPD pension data show.

That’s the highest number of resignations for the first two months of a year since 250 members quit in 2007 during a contentious contract dispute,

“The NYPD needs to be rebuilt from the ground up — it’s unfixable in its current state,” a veteran Manhattan cop told The Post.

https://nypost.com/2023/03/10/nypd-cops-resigning-from-force-in-2023-at-record-pace/
« Last Edit: March 11, 2023, 06:34:20 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

NYC still hasn’t hit the David Dinkins bottom, and things won’t change until it does.