Author Topic: Air Force chief wants to take ‘wrecking ball’ to service’s bureaucracy  (Read 148 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Air Force chief wants to take ‘wrecking ball’ to service’s bureaucracy
By Stephen Losey
 Mar 9, 04:14 PM

AURORA, Colorado — Gen. CQ Brown took command of the Air Force in August 2020 with a mission: to reshape a service that had spent nearly two decades in uncontested counterinsurgency fights in the Middle East.

Now, Brown said, the Air Force needed to get ready for a future war against a major potential adversary such as China and wouldn’t be able to count on the same military dominance as in the last war.

Within weeks of becoming the Air Force’s 22nd chief of staff, Brown laid out his plan, titled “Accelerate Change or Lose,” which spelled out how the Air Force would adapt. His plan focused on four areas: empowering airmen, shrinking the Air Force’s unwieldy bureaucracy, preparing for global competition, and transitioning to a future force design.

https://www.defensenews.com/air/2023/03/09/air-force-chief-wants-to-take-wrecking-ball-to-services-bureaucracy/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson