Author Topic: State of the Marine Corps 2023  (Read 136 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
State of the Marine Corps 2023
« on: March 11, 2023, 06:23:16 pm »
State of the Marine Corps 2023
Efforts to fulfill the vision of Force Design 2030 are hitting a groove. But who will replace its architect?
CAITLIN M. KENNEY | MARCH 2, 2023
MARINE CORPS NAVY PERSONNEL

The year-old land war in Europe has not distracted the Marine Corps from readying its forces for operations in the world's other hemisphere.

“On any given day, 20,000 Marines are west of the dateline. Our job is to organize, train, equip, prepare them to handle the crises that may come. But we are focused on the Pacific. But those forces are not simply designed for the Pacific. They're most useful in the Pacific, but highly useful across the globe,” Gen. Eric Smith, the assistant commandant, said Feb. 14 at the WEST 2023 conference in San Diego.

In January, the Marine Corps reactivated Camp Blaz in Guam after a delay due to the coronavirus pandemic. The base, part of a long-planned agreement with Japan to move thousands of Marines from Okinawa, provides the Marine Corps and the U.S. military “a strategic hub”  for training and operations in the western Pacific.

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2023/03/state-marine-corps-2023/383481/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson