Author Topic: ‘Shadow units’ being eliminated, U.S. Customs and Border Protection says  (Read 130 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Shadow units’ being eliminated, U.S. Customs and Border Protection says
by: Salvador Rivera

Posted: May 9, 2022 / 06:48 PM CDT

Updated: May 9, 2022 / 06:48 PM CDT

SAN DIEGO (Border Report) — U.S. Customs and Border Protection has announced intentions to do away with its controversial Critical Incident Response Teams.

The CIRTs have also been referred to as “shadow units” by some groups, including the Southern Border Communities Coalition, which called on Congress to investigate them.

SBCC says it discovered numerous instances where members of CIRTs, or CITs, have tampered, destroyed or hid evidence to deflect responsibility and liability away from CBP agents and officers involved in criminal and civil rights investigations.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/border-crime/shadow-units-being-eliminated-u-s-customs-and-border-protection-says/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson