Author Topic: Texas Tribune: Misleading on Climate  (Read 110 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Texas Tribune: Misleading on Climate
« on: March 10, 2023, 01:28:39 pm »
Texas Tribune: Misleading on Climate
By Sterling Burnett -- March 10, 2023

“That all of these claims can be debunked with readily available data is a testament to the frailty of the current narrative on climate change. It’s a shame that so many journalists are willing to ignore the facts, fearmongering about climate change for political reasons, when in reality the data reveal there is more to fear from fear itself, not from climate change.”

A year ago, a Texas Tribune “Brief” listed seven alleged ways climate change is already impacting the state of Texas and its residents. When not outright false, the listed claims are extremely misleading. Yet María Méndez and Erin Douglas’s “Seven ways climate change is already hitting Texans” is not the first and will not be the last Tribune article piece which runs the gamut of common alarmist lines. And the short-term trends (weather) relied upon in the article–watch the bouncing ball.

Background

https://www.masterresource.org/media-bias-energy-climate/seven-ways-texas-tribune-misleads-climate/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson