Author Topic: Off Target: The Stern Review’s Climate Disaster Predictions 17 Years Later  (Read 144 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY ROGER PIELKE JR. ON MAR 9, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Off Target: The Stern Review’s Climate Disaster Predictions 17 Years Later

severe weather collage montageIt seems like ancient history today, but the 2006 report on climate change by Nicholas Stern, produced at the request of the British Government had a significant impact on discussions of climate policy.

The “Stern Review”, as it was called, focused on the economics of climate change and climate policy. [emphasis, links added]

Among the report’s conclusions was a prediction of how climate and weather-related disasters would increase in the coming years and decades.

Now, 17 years later, we can take a look at how well that prediction has fared.

In short, not so well.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/off-target-the-stern-reviews-climate-disaster-predictions-17-years-later/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
17 years is only ancient history in the mind of a child, not science.

Nonetheless, they used the concept of 'the future' to bamboozle people with sensationalist claims that never were going to come true in order to implement jackboot govt policies.
The Republic is lost.