Author Topic: Rogue Sex Education Battles in Michigan  (Read 163 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Rogue Sex Education Battles in Michigan
« on: March 10, 2023, 12:26:10 pm »
March 9, 2023
Rogue Sex Education Battles in Michigan
By Rebecca Behrends

Outraged parents in Michigan have created a grass roots response to the hypersexualization of children in their schools.  They have created the Great Schools Initiative (GSI) to fight against what is termed “rogue” sex education.

Rogue sex education is when discussions about sex, gender ideology, the use of pronouns inconsistent with biology, or display of materials such as LGBTQ flags or clothing for cross dressing, etc, occurs in classes other than the approved sex education class.  Also, the instructor of the sex education class must be certified in this area.

Michigan law, as based on a 1976 statute (PA 451, Sec. 1507-3), is very clear on this matter. In fact, the MIchigan Attorney General, Frank Kelley, rendered an opinion regarding this in1981:

“Parents have a right to review the contents of any course in which family planning or reproductive health are discussed before they exercise their right to have their child excused from the class.  School authorities may not avoid the effect of this law by including any sex education instruction in a required class.  This is expressly prohibited by law.”

Rogue discussions on sexuality are also a violation of federal law, namely the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).  Under this law, children are not to be “outed” through polls, quizzes and various other communications about sexuality.  Teachers, counselors or administrators have no business encroaching on the privacy and safety of students in this regard.

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2023/03/rogue_sex_education_battled_in_michigan_.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson