Author Topic: Colin Kaepernick accuses white adoptive parents of ‘problematic’ upbringing, perpetuating racism  (Read 457 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Colin Kaepernick accuses white adoptive parents of ‘problematic’ upbringing, perpetuating racism
By Katherine Donlevy   
March 9, 2023 2:28pm

Controversial football star Colin Kaepernick accused his white adoptive parents of perpetuating racism in a new interview.

The former NFL star told CBS Chicago he struggled growing up in a “problematic” household, a throughline he details in his upcoming graphic novel, “Change the Game.”

“I know my parents loved me, but there were still very problematic things that I went through,” Kaepernick said.

“It was important to show that, no, this can happen in your own home, and how we move forward collectively while addressing the racism that is being perpetuated.”

The graphic novel tells the story of Kaepernick’s journey from high school into his storied athletic career that heavily centers around his lack of choice in his future. His parents, particularly, tried to steer him in a direction they thought was best, which led to several fights between them and their adopted son.

One of these disagreements illustrated in the novel was a fight over his hairstyle.

Kaepernick, in an attempt to idolize basketball player Allen Iverson, wanted to embrace his blackness by wearing cornrows, but his mother pushed back.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/03/09/colin-kaepernick-accuses-white-adoptive-parents-of-problematic-upbringing/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

So hurtful. I realize no parents are perfect, but CK is an ungrateful punk, in my opinion.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
My heart hurts for his parents.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO