Author Topic: 'Twitter Files' hearing erupts as Matt Taibbi refuses to reveal sources in heated exchange with Demo  (Read 339 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
March 9, 2023 1:24pm EST
'Twitter Files' hearing erupts as Matt Taibbi refuses to reveal sources in heated exchange with Democrat
Jim Jordan accuses Democrats of pressuring reporter to violate his First Amendment rights

By Brian Flood , Nikolas Lanum | Fox News

Rep. Sylvia Garcia, D-Texas, was accused of badgering journalist Matt Taibbi into revealing a source on Thursday during a heated House Judiciary Committee hearing on the "Twitter Files," but the reporter wouldn't budge.

Sourcing was a sensitive subject as it had already come up during the hearing when Taibbi was asked directly about it regarding his reporting on internal Twitter communications and accusations of government censorship. Garcia asked Taibbi when Twitter owner Elon Musk first approached him to partake in the "Twitter Files" project, which has allowed once-secret internal discussions to be exposed, revealing an array of issues.

Taibbi began to say he couldn’t reveal that information when Garcia insisted she simply needed a date.

"I can’t give it to you, unfortunately, because this is a question of sourcing, and I’m a journalist. I don’t reveal my sources," Taibbi said.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/twitter-files-hearing-erupts-matt-taibbi-refuses-reveal-sources-heated-exchange-democrat
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34