Author Topic: Biden EPA Proposes New ‘Wastewater’ Regulations To Kill Off Coal Plants  (Read 173 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden EPA Proposes New ‘Wastewater’ Regulations To Kill Off Coal Plants
President Biden Will Speak On Major Oil Companies Reporting Record Profits

JOHN HUGH DEMASTRI
CONTRIBUTOR
March 08, 2023
2:11 PM ET

The Biden administration proposed new rules that would impose stricter limits on the wastewater produced by coal-fired power plants, although companies could opt out by choosing to shut down their coal operations, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) announced Wednesday.

The proposed rule would require generators to completely eliminate all pollution from flue gas desulfurization wastewater and bottom ash transport water, two common types of pollution, and impose stricter limits on a variety of chemical pollutants, including selenium, mercury and arsenic, the EPA announced Wednesday. To avoid the restrictions, some companies could instead comply by burning natural gas or shutting down coal-fired plants entirely, the Washington Post reported. (RELATED: China Is Approving New Coal Plants At Break-Neck Speed As The Biden Admin Pushes To Shut US Generators Down)

In meetings with industry before the rule was published Wednesday, some coal plant operators expressed a new interest in shutting down their coal-fired generators to EPA officials, the Post reported. The EPA has so far reported 74 coal-fired generators of electricity have made plans with regulators to either shut down or make the switch to gas, and officials told the Post that they anticipate the new policy will only push one additional coal-fired generator offline.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/03/08/biden-epa-new-regs/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
One more time:
=========
It's time for the red states to start enacting "Right to Energy Use" laws.

That is to say, an entirely new legal concept that needs to be codified into written law:
The right to extract and use natural energy resources for human needs:
- right to extract and use coal for power generation, heating, and other uses as may be required
- right to extract and refine petroleum for motor fuels
- right to extract and refine petroleum into products intended for industrial and other uses
- right to extract and use natural gas for heating, power generation and industrial and agricultural uses
- such rights to extend to both individuals and corporations
- etc.

Again, if we don't take the initiative to enact such laws FIRST, the dem-communists and greenunists will enact laws to BAN such usage.