Author Topic: Va. School Bars Whites, Asians From College Prep  (Read 422 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Va. School Bars Whites, Asians From College Prep
« on: March 09, 2023, 04:02:53 pm »
Va. School Bars Whites, Asians From College Prep

By Brian Pfail    |   Wednesday, 08 March 2023 01:49 PM EST

A Fairfax County high school known for its push for "equity" sent parents a letter informing them that college prep courses would only be offered to Black and Hispanic students.

The Virginia school district has been under investigation by the state Attorney General after Thomas Jefferson High School withheld merit awards from its students in pursuit of "equity."

Attorney General Jason Miyares announced the probe in January, saying, "Racism race-based government decision making in any form is wrong and unlawful under Virginia's Human Rights Act."

"Students at Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology are amongst the brightest in the nation, yet some have been punished in the name of 'equity," he said in the release.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/woke-crt-equity/2023/03/08/id/1111581/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Re: Va. School Bars Whites, Asians From College Prep
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2023, 04:11:56 pm »
That should be flatly unconstitutional.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2023, 05:10:12 pm »
Tear them a new one Mr. Miyares. Put some people in jail.

It's the only way to stop this. Can't believe how brazen they are.
The Republic is lost.

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2023, 01:39:08 pm »
That should be flatly unconstitutional.

Not merely should be, is, and the moment it is brought before an honest Federal judge it will be ruled so and the policy invalidated.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2023, 01:43:22 pm »
Awhile back we saw polls that 60% of conservatives wanted a national divorce from the woke left....

Do we keep needing a 1000 reasons a day to wonder why?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2023, 01:44:22 pm »
Not merely should be, is, and the moment it is brought before an honest Federal judge it will be ruled so and the policy invalidated.
Still, I would not want to go to any school where Whites and Asians were clearly unwelcome. There is no way, court order or not, that the current staff and faculty would not treat Whites and Asians unfairly. The bias has clearly been demonstrated.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis