Author Topic: Cruise Missiles Could Get Added To MQ-9’s Arsenal  (Read 106 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Cruise Missiles Could Get Added To MQ-9’s Arsenal
« on: March 09, 2023, 03:32:53 pm »
Cruise Missiles Could Get Added To MQ-9’s Arsenal
Serving as weapon trucks loaded with Joint Strike Missiles could be one way for the MQ-9 drone to remain relevant in future major conflicts.

BY
JOSEPH TREVITHICK
|
PUBLISHED MAR 1, 2023 5:56 PM

JOSEPH TREVITHICK

General Atomics has unveiled a new concept for how its MQ-9B SkyGuardian drone might be employed in the future, as a launch platform for U.S.-Norwegian Joint Strike Missile cruise missiles. Utilizing MQ-9-series uncrewed aircraft as weapon trucks loaded with stand-off munitions could be one way to help ensure their relevance in future high-end conflicts.

An artist's conception of an MQ-9B in Royal Australian Air Force markings and armed with a pair of Joint Strike Missiles (JSM) under each wing is currently on display at the Avalon airshow in Australia, which wraps up this week. The MQ-9B is an evolution of the MQ-9 Reaper that has greater range, endurance, and maximum payload capacity over its predecessor, among other improvements.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/cruise-missiles-could-get-added-to-mq-9s-arsenal
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson