Author Topic: Now MA Leftists Want In-State Tuition For Illegals. Hey, House GOP—What About A Federal Ban?  (Read 107 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Now MA Leftists Want In-State Tuition For Illegals. Hey, House GOP—What About A Federal Ban?

Hank Johnson
03/08/2023

Yet again, Massachusetts’ leftist lawmakers want to prioritize illegal aliens over the Historic American Nation. Instead of working to improve the lives of Bay Staters, state legislators are pushing a proposal that would make illegal immigrants eligible for in-state tuition at colleges and universities [In-state tuition isn’t an immigration issue, by Jeff Jacoby, Boston Globe, January 18, 2023].

The proposal from Democratic State Senator Brendan Crighton has support from Democratic Governor Maura Healey, best known for constantly suing the Trump administration during her time as the state’s attorney general. These bills are popping up nationwide. It’s time to stop them. With Republicans now in control of the House, an immigration patriot must propose legislation to enact a federal moratorium on in-state tuition for illegals.

“I write to express support for expanding access to our public colleges and universities by making all Massachusetts high school graduates who attended our high schools for at least three years eligible for in-state tuition rates, fees, and state-funded financial aid,” then Attorney General Healey wrote to the Joint Committee on Higher Education on July 30, 2019:

https://www.alipac.us/f12/now-ma-leftists-want-state-tuition-illegals-hey-house-gop%97what-about-feder-406373/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson