Author Topic: How Porsche And Ferrari Are Saving Combustion Engines Using ‘e-Fuels’  (Read 164 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY ZERO HEDGE ON MAR 7, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

How Porsche And Ferrari Are Saving Combustion Engines Using ‘e-Fuels’

With many automakers transitioning from petrol-powered vehicles to electrified ones, Porsche and Ferrari are pursuing a new strategy by concentrating on the advancement of e-Fuels to preserve gas-powered engines.

This decision follows the European Commission’s delay last week of the proposed 2035 ban on new internal combustion engine vehicles as the commission prepares to carve out a role for e-Fuels after 2035. [emphasis, links added]

“Porsche and Ferrari’s status as national icons was enough to move their governments to challenge the EU plan last week just days before a scheduled vote,” Bloomberg wrote.

Germany’s Transport Minister Volker Wissing told the European Commission that he would withhold support for the approval of the new engine standards to end the sale of new combustion engine cars unless there was a plan for e-Fuels post-2035.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/how-porsche-and-ferrari-are-saving-combustion-engines-using-e-fuels/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson