Author Topic: Steinem: Equality Won’t Be Achieved Until Men ‘Are Raising Infants and Little Children As Much as Wo  (Read 421 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Steinem: Equality Won’t Be Achieved Until Men ‘Are Raising Infants and Little Children As Much as Women Are’

Pam Key 8 Mar 2023

Activist and author Gloria Steinem said Wednesday on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” that gender equality will not be achieved until men are raising children as much as women are.

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton asked, “Gloria, you have been pointing out for decades while women can and do work full-time in the paid labor force, it is still often expected they continue to work full-time in the unpaid labor force. As you look at where we are and think about what now needs to happen to move this agenda forward, what are you hoping to convey to this audience and to everybody watching?”

Steinem said, “How long do we have? Well, I’m glad we started out with the whole concept of work because until work is divided equally at home, that is until men, fathers are raising infants and little children as much as women are.”

She added, “Children will grow up thinking that men can be as loving and patient as women can and that women can be as active and achieving in the world outside the home. So I’m so thankful for this conference on spaceship earth. I hope that we raise our sites and we met each other whether we are.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/03/08/steinem-equality-wont-be-achieved-until-men-are-raising-infants-and-little-children-as-much-as-women-are/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

:facepalm2:

No.  That's equity - which is just as sexist as the old-school version - what matters is whether a couple has the freedom to voluntarily decide between themselves how they will raise their children and earn their keep, and how they will divide their resources to do the necessary tasks (i.e., division of labor).  In some instances, that will mean a traditional-looking household, with Mom at home and Dad working out of the house, in other instances it will mean a non-traditional household, in which Mom works outside the house and Dad stays at home, and in still other instances it will mean a variety of different divisions of labor.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I guess to Gloria, mowing the lawn, fixing the plumbing, and taking the trash out don't qualify as "free labor". Change your own tire.

And don't bat your eyelashes at me. It's a waste of time.

In reality, men and women will never be "equal". Both have talents the other does not. Together, they compliment one another.

Just a simple fact, and all the shrinks and braying in the world won't change that, just try to hide it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton asked, “Gloria, you have been pointing out for decades while women can and do work full-time in the paid labor force, it is still often expected they continue to work full-time in the unpaid labor force.  ..."
This is hard for HRC to understand, as she and Bill. as wealthy people, had plenty of help raising their child, but most parents - fathers, even - do work around the house during the hours they're not at their full-time jobs.

Not sure what she means by "work full-time in the unpaid labor force." Are parents - both, or just mothers? - supposed to be paid for the time they're at home taking care of their children? If so, by whom?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Gloria, go back in the kitchen and make someone a samitch.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online LMAO

I didn’t realize that “One Grope Gloria” was still living
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Right_in_Virginia

She's 88 years old.  Shouldn't she be making her peace with God instead of annoying people with bulls*t?

Offline andy58-in-nh

She's 88 years old.  Shouldn't she be making her peace with God instead of annoying people with bulls*t?

She doesn't believe in God. Or in the value of men, apparently. Neither assumption will ever make her feel less alone, or more fulfilled in this world.   
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline berdie

Gloria needs to move to the present. I know a couple of single men parents. They do a darn fine job.

More men, even partnered, today participate in "hands on" rearing of kids than in the past. Since both parents typically work...times have changed. I think she's showing her age. :shrug:

Offline mountaineer

Gloria, go back in the kitchen and make someone a samitch.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

Equality won't be achieved until men have a choice on a child being born.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online LMAO

So Hillary Clinton gets to ask One Grope questions and it’s totally lost on One Grope Gloria  that Hillary Clinton was very aggressive towards any women that accused Bill Clinton with the support of people like One Grope
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy