Author Topic: Ukrainian Military Pilots in US to Develop Skills  (Read 173 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Ukrainian Military Pilots in US to Develop Skills
« on: March 08, 2023, 01:27:30 pm »
Staff Writer With AFP • March 7, 2023, 4:05 am
Categories AirAmericasEurope
Ukrainian Military Pilots in US to Develop Skills

Two Ukrainian pilots are in the United States to improve their flying skills, the Pentagon said Monday as Washington continues to rule out F-16 fighter jets for Ukraine despite pressure from Kyiv.

A US military official confirmed that the pilots are in Tucson, Arizona for a “familiarization event.”

“This event allows us to better help Ukrainian pilots become more effective pilots and better advise them on how to develop their own capabilities,” the Pentagon official said.

“The pilots will not be flying any platforms during this event but they will be using a simulator during portions of their visit.”

CNN reported Sunday that the two pilots would be evaluated for possible F-16 training, citing three unnamed sources.

https://www.thedefensepost.com/2023/03/07/ukrainian-military-pilots-us-develop-skills/amp/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson