Author Topic: Media Taps ‘Maple Syrup Climate Crisis’ – As Production Sets Records  (Read 134 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Media Taps ‘Maple Syrup Climate Crisis’ – As Production Sets Records
By James Taylor -March 2, 20230

This article originally appeared in Townhall

February is the peak of maple syrup production season, which means climate activists and their media allies are once again claiming climate change is ravaging maple syrup production. The media peddle this story every year, and every year maple syrup production thoroughly debunks the claim. The objective fact – backed by undisputed scientific data – is maple syrup production sets new records on a frequent basis.

At the top of its search results this week for climate change, Google News links to a Feb. 16 Boston Globe article claiming, “Welcome to the new normal for New England winters, where increasingly, maple syrup producers are tapping trees over a month early” to try to salvage production in the climate crisis. The headline of a Feb. 11 Bloomberg article, also promoted by Google News, claims, “Maple Syrup’s $1.5 Billion Industry Splinters as Winters Get Warmer.”

Dozens of media outlets promote the maple syrup climate scare each winter and spring. Here are just a few examples from last year: On May 30, 2022, Global News Canada published an article titled, “Climate Change Threatening Maple Syrup Industry, Producers Say.” USA Today published a May 16, 2022 article titled, “Climate Change Means Uncertain Future for Northeast Maple Trees, Syrup Season.” Gothamist published an April 6, 2022 article titled, “How Climate Change Is Making Maple Syrup Less Sweet – and Sapping Production in NY, NJ.”

https://climaterealism.com/2023/03/media-taps-maple-syrup-climate-crisis-as-production-sets-records/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson